Saturday, May 10, 2008

Treasure Hunt...





This morning we has a fantastic adventure.....Edward and I as a team, Molly and Lily as a team.
Each team had 5 dollars to find and buy as many of the items on our treasure hunt list as possible as we went to yard sales. This list below is what we found:

sword
lion
mens wallet
animal book
cool t-shirt you like
pink vase
gold coin
lifevest
bible
fridge magnet
flower pot
sea shell bigger than your hand
funny coffee mug
white picture frame

The score was 6 to 5 with Molly and Lily winning.
Prize being winner gets 1st pick on the loot!
A great time was had by all....the kids used their imaginations & their math!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so impressed. Can we play again when I'm there? What was the first choice of the loot?
Such happy faces and a wonderfully creative Mom. Miss you all. Love, Grandma, Mom

the editor said...

very cool! did the girls manage to buy all those items with just $5??!!

looking forward to seeing you in a couple months!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea!!! I never thought of something like that. I'll have to try it with the girls.Although, I'm not very imaginative...I would need help making the list!!!! You can tell the editor doesn't yard sale much. She doesn't know lots of things can be gotten for 25 cents!

Sara said...

We had sooooooo much fun! And they all had money left over! I loved watching them 'shop' and use their imaginations. The people were great too....it takes a village! I am headed out now.....you never know what you can find.....